Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The Road Map

Proverbs 3:5-6New Life Version (NLV)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not trust in your own understanding. Agree with Him in all your ways, and He will make your paths straight.

Psalm 37:23-24New Life Version (NLV)
23 The steps of a good man are led by the Lord. And He is happy in his way. 24 When he falls, he will not be thrown down, because the Lord holds his hand.

Psalm 25:9New Life Version (NLV)
He leads those without pride into what is right, and teaches them His way.

Proverbs 22:6New Life Version (NLV)
Bring up a child by teaching him the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn away from it.

Yesterday, while driving to the gym, I was listening to K-Love.  Someone was talking about their grandchild and that they did not know how to give her directions.  Directions can be so simple to give, but you have to think and sometimes use a map.  We have become so dependent on our phones and/or GPS.  If this younger generation loses their phones, they will loose their sense of direction.  

Now, think of the fact that we have access to a road map to our lives.  I love that the Bible is now just a  tap of a button on our phones, but nothing will ever replace those fine, opaque papers bound together in one book.  If you flip through my Bible, it looks like a road map within itself.  That is because it is MY ROAD MAP.   Daily I rely on this book to lay out the destinations of my heart.  I can constantly rattle thoughts and questions in my head.  

“Am I molding my children to be a reflection of HIM unto others?” 
“Am I being the wife I need to be for my husband?”  
“Why do I feel so overwhelmed and worried?”  
“What can I do to help that friend?  I don’t have the words to replace the hurt.”

The list can go on and on and on….  May we never forget that we have a road map that we need to rely on daily.  Have faith and know that HE will lead us in the right direction, even when we feel like we are blind folded.  There is not a day that HE has not laid out for us that HE has not planned.  


Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment