Wednesday, April 12, 2017

The Broken

Psalm 147:3New Life Version (NLV)
He heals those who have a broken heart. He heals their sorrows.

Psalm 34:18New Life Version (NLV)
18 The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart. And He saves those who are broken in spirit.

Romans 8:38New Life Version (NLV)
38 For I know that nothing can keep us from the love of God. Death cannot! Life cannot! Angels cannot! Leaders cannot! Any other power cannot! Hard things now or in the future cannot!

This world is a broken world.  God’s plan is not one that we can begin to understand, but it is always for HIS good.  However, when in the midst of situations it is really hard to pull our minds out of the dark trenches and focus on Him.  

I will be completely transparent in saying that I do not keep up with the news.  I do hear of the happenings and ripples in the world, but I tend to disconnect myself from them to a certain degree.  I don’t know why I do this, but I do.  I think it truly stems from 9/11.   We all watched the news unfold.  We all felt the devastation of our nation.  Some of us felt the devastation first hand by loosing a friend or family member.  It was an event in history no one will ever forget.  I became scared of what was going on in the world.  I started to retreat into my little comfortable life and close out the world around me.  God has a plan and I, selfishly, have been focusing on His plan in my life.  

This week a sweet friend was hit with the devastation in Egypt.  The church was the St. George Church in the Nile Delta town of Tanta.  She grew up in that church.  She has very fond memories of that church.  In fact, her mother, brother, and his young family where sitting in the pews the moment the bomb went off.  To see the devastation is one thing, but to hear her explain it and the terror she went through trying to get a hold of her mother, unbelievable.  My heart sank when I thought about how, that very morning, I was sitting, very comfortably, in an auditorium.  I was very freely worshipping and hearing what God had to tell ME.  I did not have a fear of what was going on around me or whether or not my family would be in danger.  

How naive of me to take the broken world and not truly pray for it?!?!?!  All week, my heart has been stirring for this sweet friend and her family.  Today she spoke of how members of that church gathered around the church in prayer.  God is not defined by a building, but by the presence of 2 or more people gathered praising His name.  In that moment, evil cringed.  To know that something so ugly, as the devastation of a bomb, can bring a community together to pray, is a beautiful thing.  God surrounds the broken hearted.  Nothing can keep us from the love of God.  

For me, I am now really praying for God to break my heart for people.  Break it and bring me to my knees.  I may not be in that situation, but I am called to be a Prayer Warrior for them.  I ask of you to pray for the broken world around us and that we can be a light in that dark world.  


Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment