Thursday, August 25, 2016

Open Arms

Jeremiah 31:3New Life Version (NLV) The Lord came to us from far away, saying, “I have loved you with a love that lasts forever. So I have helped you come to Me with loving-kindness.

Ephesians 4:7 Loving-favor has been given to each one of us. We can see how great it is by the gift of Christ.

I have never been away from my kids more than 4 or 5 days at one time.  Taking the trip to Alaska and being away from them, wasn’t hard for me at first.  Then I realized I would be gone for 10 days.  I missed both my daughter, age 6, and my son, age 9, terribly.  I couldn’t wait to squeeze them tight and tell them all about our trip.  The moment my daughter saw me, her face lit up and she immediately jumped into my arms.  She took both of her tiny hands, placed them on my cheeks, and looked deep into my eyes.  She then said, “I missed you.”  These words had more depth than they ever have.  Pure joy came from my heart.  The joy only a child and a parent can exchange.  

So many times in our lives, we wander, take “vacations” from God and our faith.  The when we decide to return He places His hands on our faces, kisses us with kisses that will be felt eternally, and looks deep into our hearts and says, “I have missed you.” 

Regardless of what transpires as our hearts have wandered, what sins have taken place, He ALWAYS welcomes us with open arms, grace is given, and a love that parents have for their children - unconditional love.  


Good Good Father [Lyrics] - Chris Tomlin

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment