Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Through the Lens of Love

Ephesians 4:2New Life Version (NLV)
Live and work without pride. Be gentle and kind. Do not be hard on others. Let love keep you from doing that.

Romans 15:7New Life Version (NLV)
Receive each other as Christ received you. This will honor God.

Proverbs 4:23New Life Version (NLV)
23 Keep your heart pure for out of it are the important things of life.

I’m currently reading a book that my grandfather had given my father who had given it to me.  I actually opened the book last Friday not realizing what day it was until after I began reading, it was my parents 44th wedding anniversary.  My father was looking down on me and nudging me to read this book.  In fact, I remember when he gave it to me, I internally rolled my eyes, like a teenager would do, and put it on my shelf.  The book is titled “The Greatest Salesman in the World” by Og Mandino.  In this book, he lays out the principles we should live by in order to be successful.  

The first principle is this: “View everyone and everything through the lens of love”.  This can be easy for some, but not most of us.  You have to have a change of perspective.  You have to have an open heart and mind.  You have to “check your face” and attitude.  God intends for us to reflect His love.  When faced with adversity, it is hard to confront it with silence and slap it in the face with the phrase, “I love you”.   

God intends on us to live a life feeling loved.  For those who don’t know His love, how will they unless we greet them with that love.  

It is not meant to be easy on our own, but “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you…If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him (Matthew 7:7-11).”


Be Blessed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment