Wednesday, September 27, 2017

The Rollercoaster

Matthew 6:33

“If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don’t you think he’ll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I’m trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God’s giving. People who don’t know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don’t worry about missing out. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.

Isaiah 41:10New Life Version (NLV)
10 Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will give you strength, and for sure I will help you. Yes, I will hold you up with My right hand that is right and good.

It amazes me how quickly we can loose sight of HIM and His purpose for our lives.  Over the past 3 weeks, there has been an emotional rollercoaster that many of us have been riding.  We all have so much to be grateful for, but the rollercoaster ride is exhausting.  Being out of a normal routine can be exhausting and confusing.  By the time “normal” rolls around, I seem to have lost my way and my purpose in a never ending fog.  I want to curl up with a bowl of ice cream and Oreos, binge watch a new series on Netflix, and do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.  So, none of that actually happened, although the ice cream and Oreos would have been nice, but I was lost.  I usually have my husband to help me snap out of the “funk”, but he was out of town.  Why did I feel lost?  Because I wasn’t truly leaning on HIM.   

God doesn’t intend on us to go through the valleys alone.   When we are at our weakest or feel the most broken, He is fighting hard for us.  He doesn’t, and won’t ever, leave us.  I know all of this, but so quickly I forget.  I think I have the attention span of a fly when it comes to relying on Him and regaining my strength in and through Him.  So no matter what rollercoaster you are riding, know that God is taking care of each and every one of the ups/downs/dips/turns.  


Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment