Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Goal Digger

Philippians 3:13-14Good News Translation (GNT)
13 Of course, my friends, I really do not[a] think that I have already won it; the one thing I do, however, is to forget what is behind me and do my best to reach what is ahead. 14 So I run straight toward the goal in order to win the prize, which is God's call through Christ Jesus to the life above.

2 Chronicles 15:7New International Version (NIV)
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.”

Proverbs 3:5-6Good News Translation (GNT)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. Remember the Lord in everything you do, and he will show you the right way.

Romans 12:2Good News Translation (GNT)
Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of God—what is good and is pleasing to him and is perfect.

Proverbs 16:9Good News Translation (GNT)
You may make your plans, but God directs your actions.

Proverbs 16:3Good News Translation (GNT)
Ask the Lord to bless your plans, and you will be successful in carrying them out.

 Goal setting and making resolutions used to be a game for me.  A game in which I would start out successful, but then at some point loose focus and either give up or just slowly loose focus.  I never really understood why setting goals was important.  In fact, growing up, I don’t remember setting goals.  I wasn’t in sports, due to medical issues.  I believe this led to me not having a competitive spirit.  Not having a competitive spirit is not a bad thing, but it is not always a good thing either.  
With that said, a few years ago I started setting goals for myself.  Goals that involved my diet, exercise, and personal growth.  It then bled into me sitting down with my family and setting goals.  This led to dreaming bigger together.   Not all of the goals are met each year, but there are reasons as to why they were not met.  That is when it is time to reflect on the “why” they were not met, are they “within reason”, and if so “how” can we meet them. 
God places us each in our lives and on our paths for a purpose.  We can choose to not set goals, just slide by day to day and survive, OR we can really ask God to help us discover our purpose;  to help us uncover goals that surround HIS purpose for us.  I encourage you to sit down and really pray about the goals/resolutions that you set for yourself for 2018.  Some may not occur because HE has something better in store for you.  Some may occur and you can celebrate.  Keep faith in what you are doing, giving it all to Him as you complete HIS plan.  He will show you the way and help you reach for what is ahead.  


No comments:

Post a Comment