Wednesday, January 31, 2018

We Can’t Do It Alone

Proverbs 3:5-6 New Life Version (NLV)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not trust in your own understanding. Agree with Him in all your ways, and He will make your paths straight.

Let us help each other to love others and to do good. Let us not stay away from church meetings. Some people are doing this all the time. Comfort each other as you see the day of His return coming near.

We will not be able to conquer this thing called “LIFE” alone.  My book this month was one I have mentioned recently, Never Go Back -10 Things You’ll Never Do Again by Dr. Henry Cloud.  Near the end of the book one of the last chapters is about how we can’t rely on ourselves alone to make changes that are internal and for the betterment of our lives.  We have to have “2 power sources”: God and people.  We have to have have a lifeline plugged into Him and a support system around us.  If there is something that you are experiencing and you feel alone, you need to 1st pray about it and 2nd ask God to put someone or a group of people in your life to pour into you.
A few years ago, I found a community within our church, a ladies Bible Study group.  Then I made a choice to better my health and found a community of friends who held me accountable to helped me overcome and push through plateaus.  I then fell into a community of women who are bettering themselves by becoming leaders.  Which then led me to a community of women that high five me daily as I push myself to be stronger than I have ever been physically.  I now find myself building a community for others to believe in themselves and have the same success.
In Daniel 3, King Nebuchadnezzar threw Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego into the fire pit believing they would burn.  However, much to his surprise, he observed not 3 men in the fire, but 4.  God was with them.  He was dancing in the midst of the flames with them.  He then delivered them out of the fire untouched.  Circumstances in our lives are not as dramatic as the firey furnace, but can simulate that heat in our lives.  He dances with us if we allow Him too.  He surrounds us with others who are wanting to dance with us as well.  Then He delivers us out of the firey furnace untouched on the outside, but our hearts are changed for the better.  These are the steps we need to take in order for change to be successful in our lives:
  1. Believe in ourselves.
  2. Pray.
  3. Put one foot in front of the other in the right direction.
  4. Pray.
  5. Lean on others.
  6. Pray again, and
  7. Repeat!


Be blessed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment