Thursday, February 8, 2018

Noise Pollution

Job 6:24 New Life Version (NLV)
24 “Teach me, and I will be quiet. Show me where I have been wrong.

Isaiah 32:17 New Life Version (NLV)
17 The work of being right and good will give peace. From the right and good work will come quiet trust forever.

Isaiah 30:15 New Life Version (NLV)
15 The Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, has said, “In turning away from sin and in rest, you will be saved. Your strength will come by being quiet and by trusting.” But you would not.


Noise pollution is defined by the Business Dictionary as “A form and level of environmental sound that is generally considered likely to annoy, distract or even harm other people.”  However, I find that noise pollution, for me, is anything that takes my mind off of what God is intending me to hear from Him.  

I truly struggled writing this week’s Thoughtful Thursday due to not know what He was wanting me to say.  That is when I realized that I had not turned it over to Him.  I had not kept my mind focused on what He was wanting to say to me this week.  Noise pollution in my life this week has been both amazing and draining.  From traveling to work to football on Sunday to focusing in on some personal goals, I have had a lot of noise pollution fogging my direct line to Him.  This has not “harmed me”, but has “distracted me”.  

God wants us to hear Him, but regardless of how “quiet” we get our environment we still have “noise” in our heads.  This, to me, is my noise pollution.  My book for the month of February is The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson.  “Well-developed faith results in well-developed prayers, and well-defined prayers result in a well-lived life.”  Being intentional about keeping the distractions out and truly praying will clear the fog that is around us.  This will quiet our minds and help us see clearly.  With that our faith grows, our prayer life increases, and our life is enriched.  


Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment