Wednesday, February 21, 2018

His Masterpiece

Genesis 50:20 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
20 You planned evil against me; God planned it for good to bring about the present result—the survival of many people.

Romans 8:28 New Life Version (NLV)
28 We know that God makes all things work together for the good of those who love Him and are chosen to be a part of His plan.

Zephaniah 3:17 New Life Version (NLV)
17 The Lord your God is with you, a Powerful One Who wins the battle. He will have much joy over you. With His love He will give you new life. He will have joy over you with loud singing.

Earlier this week, I heard this poem being read on KLOVE radio. 

Just A Weaver
by Benjamin Malacia Franklin

My life is but a weaving
Between my Lord and me;
I cannot choose the colors
He worketh steadily.

Oft times He weaveth sorrow
And I, in foolish pride,
Forget He sees the upper,
And I the under side.

Not til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly,
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.

The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver’s skillful hand,
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.

He knows, He loves, He cares,
Nothing this truth can dim.
He gives His very best to those
Who chose to walk with Him.

If you look at almost any painting, you will see dark areas and areas that are lighter.  Some paintings may be filled with one more than the other.  However, God intends for all of the colors of our paintings to fall exactly as they are.  I find myself watching other canvases being painted and wonder why they have that color and I don’t.  It is because God is working in and through me to create something uniquely different.  His skillful hands are hands that are consistently working.  We don’t see every movement or motion of His hand, but we must follow the pattern or brush stroke that He is guiding us to take.  He doesn’t have to explain each motion because He knows what our canvas will look like when it is finished.  He knows the final outcome.  

Jeremiah 29:11 New Life Version (NLV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for well-being and not for trouble, to give you a future and a hope.


Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment