Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Opposition...It happens

Opposition.  The definition is “the resistance or dissent, expressed in action or argument”.  I’m currently doing a study titled “The Faithful: Heroes of the Old Testament”.  This week I was focused on the hero Nehemiah.  Nehemiah was on a mission to rebuild the wall that was leaving God’s people exposed to their enemies.  At first the task was seen as impossible.  However, they rebuilt it in 52 days, but it was not without opposition from their enemies.  In this process, we see that Nehemiah rides the rollercoaster of emotions: anger, frustration, fear, and belief.  

One of the questions asked in the study led me to reflect on oppositions that I have faced in my life.  The question was this, “How has knowing you were in the will of God helped you endure difficult opposition?”  Then the next question really stirred in my heart. “If you are currently experiencing opposition, list the reasons why you still know you’re on the right path.  Use scripture and confirmations the Lord has given you.”  

Very quickly I was thrown for a loop.  I have a something in my life that I continually keep myself in check as to whether or not it is in HIS will or in mine.  I sat and reflected on the reasons I felt I was on the right path, HIS path.  That part was easy.  But to back that up with scripture…I couldn’t right away.  I had to grab my journals and skim through to find scriptures that have been speaking to me over the past 6 months.  The following verses are what I found written:

Galatians 6:9 New Life Version (NLV)
Do not let yourselves get tired of doing good. If we do not give up, we will get what is coming to us at the right time.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 New Life Version (NLV)
10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your strength. For there is no work or planning or learning or wisdom in the place of the dead where you are going.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 New Life Version (NLV)
3 There is a special time for everything. There is a time for everything that happens under heaven.

Hebrews 10:35-36 New Life Version (NLV)
35 Do not throw away your trust, for your reward will be great. 36 You must be willing to wait without giving up. After you have done what God wants you to do, God will give you what He promised you.

Hebrews 11:1 New Life Version (NLV)
11 Now faith is being sure we will get what we hope for. It is being sure of what we cannot see.

Hebrews 11:6b New Life Version (NLV)
…That one must also know that God gives what is promised to the one who keeps on looking for Him.

Jeremiah 29:11 New Life Version (NLV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for well-being and not for trouble, to give you a future and a hope.

Ok, clearly I need to have faith.  Most of these verses correlate with my word for the year, “PERSEVERE”.  I’m on HIS path and I’m doing what is in His will.  The results I’m looking for are not coming as quickly as I had wanted (putting the emphasis on the “I”), but what HE is doing in the midst of the actions steps I’m taking is preparing my heart for the season which will provide great fruit.  

My question to you, what are the oppositions/obstacles you are facing in this season?  What scripture is guiding your next step?  Take time to really reflect on those questions.  

Be Blessed!

God Help Me - Plumb


No comments:

Post a Comment