Thursday, March 10, 2016

Mental Real Estate

Galatians 5:1  “Christ has set us free to live a free life.  So take your stand!  Never again let anyone put a harness of slavery on you.”

Romans 12:1-2 “…Take your everyday, ordinary life-your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking around-life-and place it before God as an offering.  Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for Him.  Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking.  Instead, fix your attention on God.  You’ll be changed from the inside out.  Readily recognize what He wants from you, and quickly respond to it.  Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you into its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.”

I truly love being able to walk in awe of how He places these messages on my heart.  There are some weeks where, on Wednesday nights, such at tonight, I don’t have a true clear understanding of what He is wanting me to put on paper, but then sitting and reflecting the week and events that have occurred, it might as well slap me in the face.  He has it ready and sitting right in front of me.  Here is what He has laid on my heart tonight:  

We have been looking for a new home closer into town.  I find myself on Zillow daily trying to find the “just right house”.  However, we can’t put a contract on anything until we sell our house.  Why am I wasting my time?  Why am I taking my time to search for a home that I, subconsciously, know that God already has for us? The thoughts, the rollercoaster of “what ifs” have consumed so many moments over the last few months.  Where does it get me??? No where and certainly not into a new home.  

Did you know that that we have Mental Real Estate?  Yep, we have real estate in our heads.  What do we let occupy it?  The “what if’s”, the anxiousness, the worry… I recently learned that I’m a Neuroplastician.  Did you know you were too?  Dr. Caroline Leaf has studied the brain and found that negative thoughts take over our brains like weeds.  “What you feed grows, what you starve dies.”  You are in charge of those thoughts, your mindset.  Take those thoughts and those feelings captive.  Don’t let them grow, toss them out and don’t let them take control of your life.  What does the mental real estate look like in your life?  Is it something that is pleasing in God’s eyes?  Is it fruitful in your life?  If not, be a neuroplastician and change it, because you can.  

Be blessed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment