Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Do NOT Think Before You React

Matthew 6:25-26; 31-34New Life Version (NLV)
Jesus Teaches about Cares of Life
25 “I tell you this: Do not worry about your life. Do not worry about what you are going to eat and drink. Do not worry about what you are going to wear. Is not life more important than food? Is not the body more important than clothes? 26 Look at the birds in the sky. They do not plant seeds. They do not gather grain. They do not put grain into a building to keep. Yet your Father in heaven feeds them! Are you not more important than the birds? 

31 Do not worry. Do not keep saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or, ‘What will we drink?’ or, ‘What will we wear?’ 32 The people who do not know God are looking for all these things. Your Father in heaven knows you need all these things. 33 First of all, look for the holy nation of God. Be right with Him. All these other things will be given to you also. 34 Do not worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow will have its own worries. The troubles we have in a day are enough for one day.

Most kids have no fear.  So many times I have to remind them to think before they react.  It is our jobs, as parents and adults, to help keep them safe.  Going back to fear…why don’t they have this fear?  The older they get, the more they will become fearful because of their awareness of the world around them.    

Yesterday morning (Wednesday morning) @ 4:36am, I woke up with this startling thought.  It was more of Him speaking to me more than anything else.  I kept trying to roll back over and fall back asleep (due to be being excited about not having school and no alarm clock days make me so happy).  I kept tossing this idea around and then the fear sank in.  I felt that nudge.  The nudge to go and open the word.  So I grabbed my Bible and my favorite blanket to sit quietly on the couch.  I had no clue what He was going to point out, but it was clear that He had something to tell me.  My Bible fell open to Matthew 6.  I sat there in awe of what He was pointing out.  He takes care of the birds and they don’t fear.  So if He takes care of birds, I know he has got me.  

Later yesterday, I found a letter that my Dad had written me my first week of college.  l truly don’t remember getting this letter, but it is one that I will now cherish and read frequently.  In it he states, “Overcome fear, it is the sin that separates us from God.”  

So, that thought or idea that He had stirring in my heart and on my mind is something I will pray about daily.  I know that if that if He is wanting me to move in that direction, the doors will open and things will fall into place as they should.  It’s hard for me not to look at Him and say, “Really!  Right now you want me to tackle this.” “Seriously!”  The He just responds right back to me with I take care of the birds, don’t you have faith that I will take care of you?!?!  “Ok, God.  I get it.  Step forward and it will be shown to me.”  So in this case, I will not think before I react.  I will react as it is presented.  Reverting back to my childhood innocence and lack of fear.  What is He telling you?  Have faith and know that even though it might be scary, He will always be by your side.



Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment