Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Mess Around Me

1 Thessalonians 5:5-6
For you are children of the light and of the day. We are not of darkness or of night. 6 Keep awake! Do not sleep like others. Watch and keep your minds awake to what is happening. 

1 Thessalonians 5:11New Life Version (NLV)
11 So comfort each other and make each other strong as you are already doing.

1 Thessalonians 5:14-16
14 We ask you, Christian brothers, speak to those who do not want to work. Comfort those who feel they cannot keep going on. Help the weak. Understand and be willing to wait for all men. 15 Do not let anyone pay back for the bad he received. But look for ways to do good to each other and to all people.
16 Be full of joy all the time. 17 Never stop praying. 18 In everything give thanks. This is what God wants you to do because of Christ Jesus. 

I feel like the older I get the more my eyes are opened to the world around me.  I see more messes in and around me.  As I scrape the surface of others’ stories around me, I see hurt, pain, anxiousness, and so much more.  As I dig deeper in my faith, I see a tangle of mess inside of me.  However, is it truly because I’m getting older, OR is it because I’m closer to God.  Is God opening my eyes to the mess around me so that I can pray for them?  Yes!  Is God wanting me to help others when they are needing strength and comfort?  Yes!  Is He wanting me to reach out to the needy and give what I can, whether it be a meal or money or just to listen?  Yes!  Is He wanting me to give Him my mess?  YES!

So, I could sit and worry about the messes around me, OR I can lift them up in prayer as I see them.  Then I can take what God places on my heart and put it into action.  Worrying about the messes doesn’t get anyone anywhere.  Stop and pray! 




Be Blessed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment