Wednesday, January 11, 2017

What's your word?

“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.”  Hellen Keller

Over the last few years there have been seasons in which I have felt God giving me one word or small phrase to hold onto.  For example, about 2 years ago it was to “have faith” - 
Galatians 6:9 “Do not let yourselves get tired of doing good. If we do not give up, we will get what is coming to us at the right time.”   

Then it became “holdfast and trust” - Isaiah 40:29-31 “He gives strength to the weak. And He gives power to him who has little strength. Even very young men get tired and become weak and strong young men trip and fall. But they who wait upon the Lord will get new strength. They will rise up with wings like eagles. They will run and not get tired. They will walk and not become weak.”  

Now I feel that He is calling me to these 2 simple words, “Be Faithful”, which brings me back to 1 Thessalonians 5: 5-28, these are the verses I referenced last week.  The difference between “having faith” and “being faithful” can be difficult to weed through.  However, one shows possession and the other shows action.  I have entered a season in which He is wanting me to be active.  Do I know what that is?  No, but I know that if I listen hard enough, look with a clear vision, and keep pouring myself back into His word, it will be spoken.  This is a beautiful thing…”it cannot be seen or even touched”, it will be spoken within my heart.  

What is your word or phrase during this season?  What verses tie into it that help you better understand that season?  Find your word or phrase and then tie it to a verse.  Place that verse on your mirror in your bathroom.  Let it be one of the first things you see in the morning and one of the last you see at night.   


Be Blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment