Thursday, January 26, 2017

Realignment

2 Corinthians 13:5-9The Message (MSG)
5-9 Test yourselves to make sure you are solid in the faith. Don’t drift along taking everything for granted. Give yourselves regular checkups. You need firsthand evidence, not mere hearsay, that Jesus Christ is in you. Test it out. If you fail the test, do something about it. I hope the test won’t show that we have failed. But if it comes to that, we’d rather the test showed our failure than yours. We’re rooting for the truth to win out in you. We couldn’t possibly do otherwise.
We don’t just put up with our limitations; we celebrate them, and then go on to celebrate every strength, every triumph of the truth in you. We pray hard that it will all come together in your lives.

re·a·lign·ment
1 the action of changing or restoring something to a different or former position or state."the scheme will require the realignment of local roads”g


The past week has been very busy.  I knew going into the January month that life was going to be on the fast track.  I knew that I was going to really need to be strong with juggling life and being the best wife and mom I could be.  After the weekend flew by, I realized that I didn’t do anything to really carve out time to spend with my kids or my husband.  I spent more time working on things that are important, but could have been pushed aside for the moment.  

Very quickly the voices in my head started chiseling away at my emotions.  They were stating that I had failed, I wasn’t good enough, and that I was a disappointment.  I actually started letting those voices win.  But then I had
to give myself grace.  I needed to be honest with myself.  Being honest with myself realigns my thoughts and actions.  

So realignment of my actions and thoughts is what I’m doing.  What do I need to adjust so that I am a wife that gives her utter attention to her husband after the kids go to bed?  What do I need to do to make sure my kids have my complete attention?  Where do I set boundaries?  Being honest with myself is going to help me move forward and be better for my family and others.  

Hearing this song tonight helped and I hope that helps you as well. 



Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment