Wednesday, May 3, 2017

The fear of being alone..

Proverbs 18:24New Life Version (NLV)
24 A man who has friends must be a friend, but there is a friend who stays nearer than a brother.

Isaiah 41:10New Life Version (NLV)
10 Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will give you strength, and for sure I will help you. Yes, I will hold you up with My right hand that is right and good.

Isaiah 46:4New Life Version (NLV)
Even when you are old I will be the same. And even when your hair turns white, I will help you. I will take care of what I have made. I will carry you, and will save you.

1 Corinthians 12:27-28
You are all a part of the body of Christ. 28 God has chosen different ones in the church to do His work. First, there are missionaries. Second, there are preachers or those who speak for God. And third, there are teachers. He has also chosen those who do powerful works and those who have the gifts of healing. And He has chosen those who help others who are in need and those who are able to lead others in work and those who speak in special sounds.

I’m a true extrovert.  I love being around others.  I love entertaining.  I love filling my time with close friends and new friends.  In fact, many of you know that I don’t like closed invitations.  When I invite, I invite anyone and everyone.  

I do like down time.  I like sitting and enjoying a good book.  I love quiet family nights at home.  Curling up to watch a good movie.  However, those times happen in spurts.  

So when I see someone who is hurting and feeling alone, my heart aches for them.  When they are screaming out for help, but don’t know how to help themselves, it takes a lot out of me emotionally.  When someone is sinking in anger, depression, anxiousness, etc, I want to truly reach out and shake those emotions out of them.  I want them to know that they are not alone.  God doesn’t intend us to be alone.  

God intends for us to be HIS hands and feet daily.  We are chosen to do His work.  It doesn’t matter what our “status” is, but it does matter what His mission is for us.  Many people that surround us daily don’t know or understand the love that God has for us.  We can’t shake God’s goodness in them.  They will notice God’s goodness through our actions.  That person may not be effected immediately, but over time, if they keep being surrounded by other’s that have Godly actions, their heart will be softened.  Their loneliness will be shaken from them.  
Do I have a fear of being alone?  Or fighting a battle in life without His love and grace?  We all need reminders that we are not alone and that we are a “tribe” who are fighting those battles together.  

Enjoy Matthew Wes:  All the People Said Amen


Be Blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment