Wednesday, November 1, 2017

The Big Picture

I pray that your hearts will be able to understand. I pray that you will know about the hope given by God’s call. I pray that you will see how great the things are that He has promised to those who belong to Him.

Isaiah 46:10New Life Version (NLV)
10 I tell from the beginning what will happen in the end. And from times long ago I tell of things which have not been done, saying, ‘My Word will stand. And I will do all that pleases Me.’

Ephesians 2:10New Life Version (NLV)
10 We are His work. He has made us to belong to Christ Jesus so we can work for Him. He planned that we should do this.

I have said this in the past, but I love how God weaves a theme throughout my week so that I can share what He has been directing me to put into these weekly devotionals.  

This week I kept getting caught up in “Earthly” emotions and feelings.  Sadness for others loosing loved ones, feeling overwhelmed with things that need to be done a work, wishing and wanting something I don’t have in my possession.  Then at church on Sunday I wrote this in my journal, “Minds set on Earthly things is dangerous - it can take over like weeds.”  That night I sat down to read, my current read, which is Never Go Back - 10 Things You’ll Never Do Again by Dr. Henry Cloud.  The chapter I was reading was titled, “Never again, take your eyes off the big picture”.  It discusses how there are “thrivers” in life and “strugglers”.  Those that thrive don’t live without mistakes, but live through their mistakes learning from each moment.  They know that they are not living for that moment, but for something bigger.  They go about it thinking, “My life here is not about this event, it is about what we are building.”  What that translated to me was that I need to stop really looking at my life as a moment, but really look at it as a small piece to a larger puzzle that He is putting together.  

The students that I have this year struggle academically.  I know that they are in my room for a reason.  I may never know that reason, but what I do know is that I can put my smile on daily, roll up my sleeves, get to work, and be the best that I can be for them.  With these actions, I’m reflecting His love that He has for them.  I want them to do the best they can in my classroom, but I want them to do even more beyond my classroom.  I don’t know what that looks like and I will not see their pieces of their puzzle fall into place.  However, I will help make this piece of their life glow full of God’s goodness so that it spreads to other parts of their puzzle pieces.  


Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment