Sunday, April 1, 2018

The Snooze Button

Romans 12:2 Contemporary English Version (CEV)
Don’t be like the people of this world, but let God change the way you think. Then you will know how to do everything that is good and pleasing to him.

Matthew 5:16 Contemporary English Version (CEV)
16 Make your light shine, so that others will see the good that you do and will praise your Father in heaven.

Ephesians 5:14-16 The Message (MSG)
11-16 Don’t waste your time on useless work, mere busywork, the barren pursuits of darkness…It’s a scandal when people waste their lives on things they must do in the darkness where no one will see. Rip the cover off those frauds and see how attractive they look in the light of Christ.
Wake up from your sleep,
Climb out of your coffins;
Christ will show you the light!
So watch your step. Use your head. Make the most of every chance you get. These are desperate times!

I am a snoozer!  I will hit the snooze button multiple times if my phone is sitting next to my bed.  I have discovered that if I put my phone in my bathroom, which is a good little hike from my bed, I am less likely to hit snooze.   Hitting snooze does nothing for me other than give me a few more minutes of sleep, which in all reality I’m sitting and thinking about what I should be doing rather than sitting in bed.  Getting up at 4:30 in the morning is nuts, but I have found that starting my day in the word then going to the gym is the way that God intended me to start my day.  He empowers me in what I read in His word and then continues to empower me in either my workout and/or a conversation (or 2 or 3 conversations) with other women at the gym.  I then listen to a podcast type phone call recording on the way home from the gym to continue to keep my mind from hitting snooze.  These phone calls help me play less mind games and really get into action.  All of these things happen before 6:30am, if I don’t hit SNOOZE.  

God does not call us to be “snoozers”.  He wants us to live each day to the fullest, basking in His love.  We have to “use our heads” and let His words be in our heads daily.  If you are a spiritual “snoozer”, you may be lagging in your prayer life, being tempted in your social circumstances, lying dead in your actions, missing opportunities, etc.  

I’m not saying to get up at 4:30am and go through my actions.  What I am saying is that when your spiritual alarm clock goes off, don’t hit SNOOZE.  Don’t put off a prayer that needs to be whispered.  Don’t put off a good dead that needs to be done.  Don’t put off lifting someone up that seems like they are lost.  God did not put us here to “snooze” through life.  He put us here to be difference makers.  


Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment