Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Drifting

Hebrews 6:19-20 The Message (MSG)
18-20 “We who have run for our very lives to God have every reason to grab the promised hope with both hands and never let go. It’s an unbreakable spiritual lifeline, reaching past all appearances right to the very presence of God…”

John 14:1 New Life Version (NLV)
“Do not let your heart be troubled. You have put your trust in God, put your trust in Me also.”

Philippians 4:7 New Life Version (NLV)
The peace of God is much greater than the human mind can understand. This peace will keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

As a child, I loved to fish with my dad.  Some of my most favorite memories were of us, on the lake, in a little fishing boat.   I always remember him steering the boat and driving for what seemed like hours.  I didn’t know where he was going or why he ever picked the area he would pick, but I trusted him.  Once we found the “perfect place”, he would throw the anchor overboard. Now the anchor would either keep us in place or we would begin to drift.  He never let us get too close to the shore, but if he wasn’t paying attention we would drift further than he would want.  Quick actions would have to happen to make sure we didn’t hit bottom.  

This summer was a summer of being anchored.  Anchored in my life with my family, my friends, my business, and most importantly with Him.  I felt firm in my place.  However, I have looked down for the briefest moment and now I feel as though my anchor has shifted.  I have noticed that I have drifted away into waters that are a little rougher.  This is what I was called to do, but I am feeling a little lost and disconnected.  

God is steering our lives in the direction we need to go.  We need to keep our focus on Him and know that there are times He wants our anchors to shift and drift.  In those moments, we need to stop and try to understand what He is trying to tell us.  We may not understand immediately, but He will not let us hit bottom.  We just need to fix our eyes on Him.

Enjoy Francesca Battistelli’s song titled “Strangely Dim”:



Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment