Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Stop Believing the Lies

1 John 3:1 New Life Version (NLV)
See what great love the Father has for us that He would call us His children. And that is what we are. For this reason the people of the world do not know who we are because they did not know Him.

1 Thessalonians 5:9-11 The Message (MSG)
9-11 God didn’t set us up for an angry rejection but for salvation by our Master, Jesus Christ. He died for us, a death that triggered life. Whether we’re awake with the living or asleep with the dead, we’re alive with him! So speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope so you’ll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind. I know you’re already doing this; just keep on doing it.


Lies!  We tell ourselves lies constantly.  This past weekend I was asked this question, “What lie have you been telling yourself?  Are you still believing that lie?”  Take a moment and really think about that question.  Do you tell yourself that you aren’t worthy, you are fat, you are ugly, you aren’t…the list goes on.  Insert a few of those lies in the blanks in the verse below:

Galatians 3:28 New Life Version (NLV)
28 God does not see you as _____________. He does not see you as a___________ or as a _________. He does not see you as a man or as a woman. You are all one in Christ.

The lies that we tell ourselves may not be evident to those around us, but they burn inside of us.  They burn until they scar us to the point of where it is a permanent mark within us.  

The lie that I had been telling myself is that I’m not a leader.  I am just a normal gal with not much to offer.  I am someone who may have good ideas, but not good enough to act on them.  I have been working on breaking the chains of that lie for a while, but have really felt more freedom from that lie more recently.  However, when reflecting on WHERE this lie came from, it came from experiences from childhood that rolled into my youth and continued into my adult life.  Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, my daughter had started falling into that same rhythm.  ENOUGH!  I’m not going to let that be the lie that she rattles around in her head.  I’m stripping that lie away and modeling what it is to be a leader not a follower.  We are children of God and He never wants us to believe those lies.  You are not a slave to those lies because you are a child of God.  Enjoy the song below and stop believing those lies.  



Be Blessed!

PS  My father put a little reminder on my mirror growing up reminding me daily that I am a child of God.  My mother had this framed with a picture of us on my wedding day.  Keep reminders around you that help you break through those lies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment