Thursday, November 29, 2018

Falling and Failing vs. Waiting and Winning

Navigating new territory can be a bit scary when you don’t have Google Maps, Wayz, or any other form of GPS by your side.  The moment you feel lost, you begin to scramble and become anxious.  You grasp at anything that can give you direction.  

Scrambling and anxiousness is what has made me weak the last few months.  That is where Satan started scheming against me.  If you haven’t read the blog post titled “Rapid Rivers and Stepping Stones” from August 15th, you might want to go back and read that to see the foundation God placed in front of me to warn me of this season.  God had prepared me, but I wasn’t strong enough to fight what Satan was putting down.  I started grasping for every possible direction to get me out of my situation.  I was looking beyond what God had put in front of me.  The more I fought and grasped, the more tangled I became.  I became so tangled that it exhausted me and everyone around me.  I finally gave up and gave it to God.   I dove into His word and started journaling to Him again.  I put the armor of God back on and fought with God by my side.

Ephesians 6:10-11 New Living Translation (NLT)
10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on ALL of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.

I started to feel the web around me loosen and my fighting ceased.  I could feel God telling me to be patient that His plan was greater than anything I had tried to map out myself.

Hebrews 10:36 New Living Translation (NLT)
36 Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.

You see, I have been struggling with trying to find my purpose.  God has given me several gifts and one of them is working with students, particularly students with special needs.  He also has placed a vision of what He wants me to do in the future, but it is not in the immediate future.  I won’t uncover that journey here at this time, but it all wraps around special needs families.  God is so good in working with both our gifts and our purpose.  We just have to release control and let Him lead the way.  

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 New Living Translation (NLT)
16 That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are[a] being renewed every day. 17 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 18 So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.

This past Monday, I was given a new position at my school.  I will be working with the Special Education students.  God is wanting to equip me for what is to come.  He wants me to sit on the other side of the table and see another perspective.  GENIUS!  

I have to laugh at the fact that I drove myself, my husband, and a few others batty the last few months with my crazy fight.  God had it sitting right in front of me the whole time.  I just had to put on my armor and fight with Him when I was weak.  I had to have patience and persistence with what God had in store.  Because what we see, is not what He sees.  He sees something much more.  

Here is something that my mom recently shared with me from from Charles Swindle:
“When I am scared, I run.  
When I run, I fall.  
When I fall, God waits.  
When In wait, God fights.  
When God fights, He wins.  
When God wins, I learn.”

Be Blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment