Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Unanswered Questions

Questions…we all have them.  Are we real with our answers?  Are we real with our answers we give to others AND to ourselves?  We live in a world that tends to gloss over questions that really need to be scratched open and dug into a little deeper to find the answers.    Sometimes we need to let our questions sit and simmer for a bit.  However, we are an instant gratification society.  If we can’t have the answers immediately, we move on or make up an answer that fits the situation.  I keep asking, but am I truly seeking?  

James 3:17 New Life Version (NLV)
17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure. Then it gives peace. It is gentle and willing to obey. It is full of loving-kindness and of doing good. It has no doubts and does not pretend to be something it is not.

I’m in a season where I’m asking A LOT of questions to God.  I keep asking Him to place a clear path in front of me.  I keep asking Him for clarity.  However, life happens and I tend to let that fog the process to finding those answers.  This week I have had a lot happen.  

A precious friend had some life altering news, a kidney was found for her.  No longer will she have to live through dialysis for survival.  He spoke this over me: 

Jeremiah 33:3 New Life Version (NLV)
‘Call to Me, and I will answer you. And I will show you great and wonderful things which you do not know.’

Another friend had an episode that landed her in the hospital. They found a mass on her brain, which led her to brain surgery on Friday.  The results turned up that she had an infection that could be taken care of with antibiotics.  She had perfect peace, over those 6 days, that only He could provide.  As I walked with her through that, He spoke this over me: 

Psalm 23:3-4 New Life Version (NLV)
He makes me strong again. He leads me in the way of living right with Himself which brings honor to His name. Yes, even if I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will not be afraid of anything, because You are with me. You have a walking stick with which to guide and one with which to help. These comfort me.

We lost our 13 year old dog to old age.  She was the only dog my kids have known to be loyal, caring, and just a good ‘ol pal.  I found strength that only He could provide as I wiped away the tears from my sweet babies cheeks.  He spoke these words to me: 

John 14:27 New Life Version (NLV)
“Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give peace to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.”

As I sat down to write this message tonight, I reflected on my week.  At first, I was disappointed because He didn’t reveal any answers to my questions this week.  But then I bowed my head to pray.  He revealed all that He had done this past week.  All for His glory.  

You may be lost and looking for answers.  Take a moment and look deeper.  Scratch the surface a little more.  Take time to just listen.  He is speaking and covering us with His answers.  

Enjoy the song that is on repeat this week in my car. 

Lauren Daigle ~ Your Wings (Lyrics)


Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment