Thursday, May 26, 2016

4 Letter Words

Isaiah 41:10 “Do not fear for I am with you.  Do not be afraid, for I am your God.  I will give you strength, and for sure I will help you.  Yes, I will hold you up with My right hand that is right and good.”

Hebrews 11:1 “Now Faith is being sure we will get what we hope for.  I tis being sure of what we cannot see.”

When you think of the phrase “four letter words”, you think negative words and even profane words.  As I link arms with women on their wellness journey, I tell them, up front, that there are 2 four letter words that are not allowed in our discussions “DIET” (it is a lifestyle) and “CHEAT” (those meals/moments are just “relaxed” meals/moments).  Another four letter word that I love facing head on, wherever I am in the day, is FEAR!  

An acronym for FEAR is below:

False
Evidence
Appearing 
Real

My son has a difficult sleeping at night, at times.  He fears the dark.  He fears the unknown, the unseen.  Does that sound familiar?  Do you FEAR the unknown, the unseen.  If we focus on FEAR, we tend to see only that…FEAR.  It begins to have power that overtakes our life.  Fear is negative. 

Faith is positive.  Faith is turning on the light.  Faith is real.  You may not be able to see what is coming, but having FAITH that He is working and molding you for good keeps that light on.  

Regardless of what season we are in right at this moment, having a strong FAITH will help keep those FEARful thoughts untangled.  Giving those fears to Him makes your load a little lighter.  

Enjoy Jeremy Camp “Walk by Faith”

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment