Thursday, May 19, 2016

Snooze Button Wins

Psalms 46:10 “Be quiet and know that I am God…”

Romans 12:2  “…Let God change your life. First of all, let Him give you a new mind.  Then you will know what God wants you to do. And the things you will do will be good and pleasing and perfect.”

So many of us reading this today, if not all of us, have hectic and busy schedules.  In fact today’s devotional is being written at 6:15 am.  I always look forward to sitting down on Wednesday nights to spend time and piece what God has been telling me throughout the week.  As I sat up in bed this morning, hitting snooze, debating on reading my own devotional, it hit me…today is Thursday.  Thoughtful Thursday has not been written!  I don’t know how many people actually read these little snippets, but what I do know is that I let the busy-ness of life get in the way of why I’m really here.  It was heartbreaking to think that I let the week slip by without being intentional on spending time with the one and only constant in my life. 

What does this mean?  Why did I let this happen?  I let life get in the way of what He is showing me.  I see the “light at the end of the tunnel” aka summer :)  but I need to take time to notice, to search for Him.  In my devotional this morning it stated, “Do not blindly follow your habitual route, or you will miss what I have prepared for you.” (Jesus Calling, 1946) So today, take time to break up that routine, take time to notice the little things.  Remember your purpose is to shine His light on others, but how can we do that if we don’t take the time to let His light shine on us.  Slow down, don’t let chaos get in the way…SOAK up the light, HIS LIGHT!

Enjoy this reminder by Jonny Diaz “Breathe”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnjeMwxFuBA

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment