Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Fearful, vulnerable, lonely, weak, unsure...

2 Corinthians 12:8-10 New Life Version (NLV)
I asked the Lord three times to take it away from me. He answered me, “I am all you need. I give you My loving-favor. My power works best in weak people.” I am happy to be weak and have troubles so I can have Christ’s power in me. 10 I receive joy when I am weak. I receive joy when people talk against me and make it hard for me and try to hurt me and make trouble for me. I receive joy when all these things come to me because of Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Fearful, vulnerable, lonely, weak, unsure…

Those are words that can slap us hard in seasons where you are being molded by Him.  When you face the rushing world around you, it is hard to hear and see what He is putting in front of us.  This summer I had the vision below placed on my heart (this was taken from an earlier Thoughtful Thursday in August):

Imagine that you are standing on the banks of a river.  This river is not a calm flowing river, but a river that rushes in front of you.  A river that has waves and ripples that come crashing into anything that it meets.  The whirling of the rapids can be exhilarating and spectacular to watch.  However, you have to cross this river on foot.  There is no steady foothold in sight.  You take a deep breath and pray.  As you open your eyes, a stepping stone comes to surface.  This stone is one that is not covered in moss and is not going to waver.  It is a sturdy place to step.  You take your first step, trying not to let the rapids falter your balance.  The minute you look to one side you loose focus, and anxiousness begins to take ahold of your mind.  You close your eyes, pray, breathe, and then open your eyes to see another stone has been placed before you.  Just like the stone you’re standing on, this one is just as secure.  You continue to take one step at a time.  As you are crossing this river, you continue to have moments of anxiousness.  You may even fall into the river, but then pray that He pulls you out so that you can continue to move forward.  

I reread those words in awe of WHY that vision was placed on my heart this summer.  Because now…I’m in the middle of those rushing waters.  I have waves slapping me down, but God is reaching out to rescue me.  He is making huge moves in my life.  These pieces that He is putting into place are so beautiful and exciting.  However, there is a huge gray area that is clouding my vision of what He is asking of me.  So the words of the song “GOD HELP ME” by Plumb have been washing over me this week:  

“Help me to move
Help me to see
Help me to do whatever you ask of me
Help me to go
Help me to stay
I feel so alone here
I know that you are faithful
I can barely breathe
God help me!”

Let them wash over you: 

Be Blessed!

2 comments: