Wednesday, September 28, 2016

His Will

Galatians 6: 4-5, 9
Everyone should look at himself and see how he does his own work. Then he can be happy in what he has done. He should not compare himself with his neighborEveryone must do his own work.
Do not let yourselves get tired of doing good. If we do not give up, we will get what is coming to us at the right time.

Ephesians 1:1
I pray that your hearts will be able to understand. I pray that you will know about the hope given by God’s call. I pray that you will see how great the things are that He has promised to those who belong to Him.

Psalm 84:10-12
10 For a day in Your house is better than a thousand outside. I would rather be the one who opens the door of the house of my God, than to live in the tents of the sinful. 11 For the Lord God is a sun and a safe-covering. The Lord gives favor and honor. He holds back nothing goodfrom those who walk in the way that is right. 12 O Lord of all, how happy is the man who trusts in You!

Putting the pieces of what He is telling me this week has been very clear and very cloudy at the same time.  There are so many days that we can go to bed dizzy from all that we have done that day.  Sometimes we feel we have had a successful day, and others we wish we had different outcomes.  

I feel like so many times I get “sideways” vision.  Looking at someone else’s success or rewards, wondering what I’m doing wrong, and what I can do to have the same outcome.  Distracted by all of what everyone else is doing.  I have to remind myself daily to put on my blinders and do my work that HE puts in front of me.  If I am doing HIS will, and doing good works, good things will come.  

Things may not necessarily mean “things” of this world, but in eternity.  For me, at the moment, it involves the rollercoaster ride of selling/buying a home.  Regardless of where I lay my head on this earth, an eternity in HIS house will be a thousand times greater.  I need to rest in knowing that HE is my safety, He is the sun that warms my heart, and HE is the promise keeper.  So let “Thy Will Be Done”.  

This song speaks perfectly to what my heart is wanting to say.  

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment